Wednesday, November 10, 2004

In the beginning...

I'm starting this blog as a place to record my journey along the path of physical improvement. That's a pretentious way of saying, writing down stuff 'bout weightlifting and stuff. dur dur.

I'll be writing down some of my workouts as I want, as well as thoughts on my training. But oh wait, I want it to be a bit more than that. More specifically, I want to write about my quest for those mythical strength skills.

I'm talking about the "beast skills".

It's those skills that you've read, heard, or perhaps even dreamt about, but never thought they were possible - one arm chin ups, one arm handstands, handstand pushups. . . The things that your grandfather use to do after trudging home 20 miles, waist-deep in snow, with the blazing hot sun overhead. It's those fantastic feats of strength that make people's jaws drop - hence the name, because people will certainly call you a "beast", and I'd wear that as a badge of honor.

And while some who read this may have no interest in my obsessions, maybe the page will get them interested in fitness anyway. I'll take that.

So that's a quick view of what's to come. If I post to this blog on a semi-consistent basis, maybe I'll even start a webpage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home